Monday, March 19, 2012

Mixed Feelings

Today is Sunday, March ???.  I have no idea what date it is, but I do know that we missed St. Patricks day.  We did not even know it until Pastor Clay sent us a picture and a greetings.  Pretty weird.  I wish we would have remembered so we could have greened up the house for the boys.

A lot has happened since the last time that I wrote on the blog.  First of all I realize that I really don't like writing a blog.  It is like a journal, and even though I know that journals are supposed to be a good record of your life, plus a way to release energy, I still struggle with it because of a trigger I have with my past.  But that aside I will catch you up on our happenings.

I was away for awhile visiting my friend Tiffany in Nikopol Ukraine.  Tiffany's husband had to go home to the States and she was struggling with staying here by herself.  I had only met Tiffany one time at church before we came to Ukraine.  I believe the Grace Place Family bond is an amazing thing.  We became fast, close friends.  Please continue your prayers for the Degnan family. Their quest here has been a very difficult one.

Bill and I had planned to visit Tiffany on Sunday, but after calling her on Thursday night we left the next morning and I stayed with her for the next 5 days.  I would not say it was all fun and games, but I know we both needed each other at that exact time.  God's timeline is not to be questioned.  I have to save all my thoughts regarding this visit until after their time here is done.  But, if you would like to visit their blog go to degnangirls.blogspot.com

I do know that while I was in Nikopol Bill had 33 extra teenagers from the church at the house on Sunday night, and I am pretty sure he told me he went and read pretty early that night.

In the meantime, Bill and I are in Poland.  We decided a couple of weeks ago to come to Poland to try to obtain our Visas, and we asked Alex to get the documents that we needed.  Well, he was not able to get them, so Poland has turned into a wonderful vacation.

I have been thinking about it and I am so torn.  Am I supposed to be disappointed that we cannot get the Visas, or be overjoyed that I get to come home.  Bill and I have spent many hours talking about it.  At first, when we started this endeavor, we said prayers to God to please make the Visas happen.  Then we changed them to; "Please God, let Alex get the documents that we need for the Visas."  Then the prayers finally came to; "Well God, we are going to Poland in two weeks.  If Alex gets the documents we know we are supposed to stay, and if he cannot get the documents we know we are supposed to go home by the end of April."  We have our answer now, but we have very mixed feelings about coming home sooner, rather than later.  We know that we have had an inpact on the boys lives, but there were things we were hoping to accomplish while here and now there is no way to accomplish them.  It must be God's way of saying "Karen and Bill, you are not supposed to build a greenhouse here."

Way back when Alex came to Grace Place, and said that they would love to have some Americans come and be house parents, Bill and I both got the call at the same time.  We knew that this was what we were supposed to do.  We had no idea how long we would be here, but six months kept coming into our heads so we went with that.  I wish sometimes God would yell just a little louder for me to hear.  Or maybe I just need to be a little quieter.

Well it is now Monday the ????  I still don't know the date. We are having a great time here in Poland.  Tomorrow I will tell you some amazing things we are learning about Krakow Poland.

Hugs and Blessings,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment