Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another Week......

It's Saturday evening, and I can't believe another week has gone by.  The last few days have been fairly busy, but for the most part, it's been o.k.

Karen and I each had our massage Thursday.  That was a real treat.  I've never had a 2 hour massage before, and certainly not for $37.50.  I tipped the masseur 100 grevna ($12.25), and he was so appreciative I thought he was going to cry.  Nice!

Yesterday, Karen and I drove to a town about 2 1/2 hours from here, to visit Tiffany Degnan.  On the way there, I was pulled over by a policeman.  This is the first time I've been pulled over without someone in the car that speaks Russian or Ukrainian.  He started asking me questions, and I just played really dumb (obviously that was easy for me to do).  I kept saying "no Russian, English".  He eventually got tired of this and waved us away.  No harm, no foul.

Today was frustrating, in that both of the house parents took off for a few days without telling me that they were both going, and left the kids here with no supervision and very little food.  Half of my "day off" was spent driving kids around, and buying them groceries for lunch and dinner.  On the bright side, I bought each of the boys a new table tennis racquet, and they are having a great time with them.  I even bought a good one for myself, and was surprised that it actually improved my game considerably.

Blessings from Ukraine,
Bill
  

No comments:

Post a Comment