Friday, October 21, 2011

Wednesday  October 19, 2011
We were finally able to get a good night’s sleep.  Praise the Lord!  After almost two weeks of running around Israel, and then Ukraine, Karen and I were exhausted.  
My first stop was the shower, where I discovered a hose with no shower head.  Oh well, as they say here, “welcome to Ukraine”.
Mid-morning, I saw Marina in the back yard catching the chickens.  Once caught, she would toss them into the chicken coup.  I decided to help her out, and soon realized that I’m not as fast as I used to be.  The good news is I entertained Marina as I ran around trying to catch them.
We took a walk around the house this afternoon and checked out the neighborhood.  This house is surrounded by an odd mixture of beautiful new brick homes, and run down old shacks.  There are chickens and dogs everywhere, but I think it’s a really nice area compared to its surroundings.  
We had borsch for dinner.  That’s a mixture of potatoes, shredded cabbage, onions and tomatoes, prepared like a stew.  I think it may be a long time before I crave a bowl of borsch!
After dinner, we sat around the table watching the boys play with Karen’s I-Pad.  They had a wonderful time.  We’re quickly learning to love these kids.  They are quick to laugh, very respectful, and eager to learn.  
Now that we’ve been here a couple of days, it’s clear that God has really blessed us with this calling.  There are definitely some challenges that lie ahead of us, but I’m now certain that this experience will bring us closer to each other, and closer to the Lord.  Hallelujah!
Until tomorrow, God Bless and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment