Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday  October 23, 2011  
What a glorious morning!  I rousted the kids at 8:30 and we were off to church an hour later.  
The service was wonderful.  It’s going to take a while to get used to speaking at every service we attend, but it’s getting easier already.  I spoke about God’s desire for us to come here to father (and mother) these children, and our desire to teach them to live righteous lives.  Karen told me later that several of the older women were in tears as I spoke (maybe my message was that bad!)  Anyhow, the Pastor seemed to like what I had to say, because he chose to take my message and turn it into a 2 hour sermon.  Boy, you Grace Place folks think Clay can get long winded......
A touching example of these people’s kindness: One of the women noticed that Karen was wearing sandals, and offered to loan her some of her boots to wear while we’re here.  When is the last time you offered a complete stranger your shoes to wear?    
After bringing the boys back to the house, Karen and I met up with an english speaking young man.  The three of us went to lunch, and we had our first real steak in weeks.  It was GREAT!  All I needed was a bernaise sauce to smother it in.
We decided to treat the boys to a “nice” dinner here at the house.  They all wanted frozen pizza and coke.  It tasted like cardboard, but they were all smiles.  
Karen and I were just settling into our room to watch a movie tonight when about 15 people showed up at the door.  It was time for a Praise and Worship Service.  After giving my second testimonial of the day, I joined Karen upstairs, and we closed out our day.
Until tomorrow, God Bless, and good night.
B&K  

No comments:

Post a Comment